Located In Beautiful
Chippewa County, Michigan
introduction

And Little History
of Dafter Township

Dafter was founded as a lumber settlement. It was given a post office named "Stevensburgh" in January 1879, with George Stevens as the first postmaster.

The name of the post office was changed to Dafter, after the township, in July 1893. It was a station on the Minneapolis, St. Paul & Sault Ste. Marie Railroad. 

For Information Call (906) 632-1579

Our Community

Dafter is a small unincorporated community located about a mile southwest of the junction of M-28 
0+
Population
0+
Square Miles
0+
Land
0+
Water

Latest News

Fire Department Purchases Replacement Pumper Truck
Burning Permit Information
FIREWISE Program
Township Rentals